Elizabeth Park Schools currently offers History as a NIT area. As such, history is taught by specialist teachers for one lesson per week and supplemented by classroom teachers.
History promotes the understanding of societies, events, movements and developments that have shaped humanity from earliest times. It helps students appreciate how the world and its people have changed, as well as the significant continuities that exist to the present day. The study of history is based on evidence derived from remains of the past.
At Elizabeth Park Schools we follow the Australian Curriculum framework.
- Reception – Personal and family histories
- Year 1 – Present and past family life
- Year 2 – The past in the present
- Year 3 – Community and remembrance
- Year 4 – First contacts
- Year 5 – Australian colonies
- Year 6 – Australia as a nation
- Year 7 – The ancient past; The Asian World