At Elizabeth Park Schools we strive to deliver a Maths and Numeracy Curriculum to our students that reflect up to date and current teaching practices and is in line with the latest version of the Australian Curriculum. We employ a Maths/Numeracy Coordinator who oversees the running of staff training and development and works in class with teachers and SSOs to model and provide feedback on Maths lessons so that teaching staff are able to assess and reflect on their own teaching practice.
The school has many Maths/Numeracy focus areas including:
- Whole school supported Numeracy blocks
- PAT Maths data collection to assess students’ current Maths/Numeracy abilities
- StartSmart Commonwealth Bank Financial Literacy workshops
- Ann Baker style lessons to support proficiency strands as well as the content descriptors in the Australian Curriculum
- Sharing of ideas, resources and good practice amongst staff to ensure consistency throughout the years across the school.