Science is a fantastic opportunity for students to explore and nderstand the world around them. At Elizabeth Park Primary School, Science is one of our four specialised subjects, with a specialised Science teacher employed to teach and implement the subject. All students at Elizabeth Park Primary School, Reception to Year 7, participate in Science.
Within the Science lessons, students:
- complete hands on scientific investigations and tasks that are based around the Australian Curriculum, where students get to feel and create like scientists
- study the four strands of Science – Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Earth and Space
- work collaboratively in small groups to participate in hands-on tasks
- focus on Oral Language and have the opportunity to talk about and discuss the activities they are participating in
- participate in new experiences both inside and outside of the classroom including the opportunities for school incursions (e.g. Lab on Legs) and excursions (e.g. the Botanic Gardens, the Royal Adelaide Show)
- students also have the opportunity to participate in Science Club. This is an organised lunch activity where students have a go at fun scientific hands on activities with their friends