The school library resource centre is an important focal point within the school. It is the support system of the curriculum, by providing a centralised resource of print and non-print materials which reflect the learning goals and programs of Elizabeth Park Schools.
Students are given encouragement and the opportunity to develop skills to enable them to utilise the library effectively, whilst developing an appreciation for reading and learning.
The school library contributes to improved student achievement by:
- Providing instructional materials aligned to the curriculum
- Assisting both staff and students in locating and selecting appropriate resources to enrich learning content
- Inspiring literacy through facilitating programs such as Premiers Reading Challenge, reading buddies and Scholastic Book Club
- Actively encouraging students to regularly borrow, read stories and explore information that is of interest to them
- Continually updating resources throughout the year to keep collection relevant and dynamic