Play is the Way
PLAY IS THE WAY® is a practical methodology for teaching social and emotional learning using guided play, classroom activities and an empowering language. It is a process that gives our school a way to develop, improve and entrench the personal and social capabilities of students.
Our school’s Behaviour Management Policy uses the core beliefs of Play is the Way to encourage behaviour that will strengthen our school. These beliefs can be shown by everyone involved in the school.
- Behave in a way that keeps our school friendly, safe and strong
- Participate fully in school life and pursue our personal best at all times no matter what the outcome or who we work with
- Be strong enough to do what is right and to control our words and actions by the power of our thinking
- Face problems and work through them with persistence, honesty, courage and good sense
- Take care of ourselves and be considerate of each other and the school in which we all share
- Work hard to improve ourselves
- Be trustworthy, kind and brave.